Our favorite boy band leader turned solo artist is finally making splashes in places other than the big screen. After a 7 year hiatus, Justin Timberlake is finally dipping his hands (and voice) back into the music bucket.
3 major factors that already make him a major player in this constantly renovated industry.
1. The JT x Tom Ford collaboration for the album, which has him looking dapper at every turn, including at the 2013 Grammy‘s, where he strutted the red carpet in… YOU GUESSED IT! Tom Ford. JT also rocks Tom Ford on the cover of his upcoming album, The 20/20 Experience (Out March 19. Cover art shown above.), and his leading single off of the album, which we will get to in a second.
2. Collaborating with Jay Z. All my readers know how I feel about Jay Z. Nuff said.
3. Putting out a lead single that is an awesome listen! Suit & Tie feat Jay Z and Tom Ford suits. Again, Nuff said.
JT is back. Enjoy.
An Open Letter to you (the fans):
I hope this gets to you the right way. It’s the only way I know to do it. Some people may criticize me for the last 3 days. But it was fun, right?? Right?!?! Besides, I’d rather speak directly to all of you. And, who can knock me for having a little bit of fun with it?
Well… No more teasing. Although, it was A LOT of fun. (Did I mention that I’m having fun with this?? Ha!)
*Makes a serious face*
So, here goes:
This year is an exciting one for me. As you probably have heard through the “grapevine,” I’m gearing up for a big 2013.
Back in June of last year, I quietly started working on what is now, my next journey with that thing I love called MUSIC.
The inspiration for this really came out of the blue and to be honest, I didn’t expect anything out of it. I just went into the studio and started playing around with some sounds and songs. It was probably the best time I’ve had in my career… Just creating with no rules and/or end goal in mind and really enjoying the process.
What I came up with is something I couldn’t be more excited about! It is full of inspiration that I grew up listening to and some newfound muses that I’ve discovered along the way.
I’m calling it “The 20/20 Experience,” and it’s coming out this year.
I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed making it.
That’s all I’m giving you for now… I know, I know! Again, with the teasing!!!
Get ready. This is going to be fun (well, at least it is for me).
The best way to make your dreams come true…
is to wake up. – Muhammad Ali
- Target and Justin Timberlake to Offer Two Bonus Tracks on ‘The 20/20 Experience’ (abullseyeview.com)
- Suit & Tie by Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z (isthisfashion.com)
- Justin Timberlake Returns With “Suit And Tie” ft. Jay-Z [LISTEN] (myhoustonmajic.com)
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel: LAX Departure Duo! (justjared.com)
- Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z to headline Wireless festival (contactmusic.com)
- Justin Timberlake: ‘Mirrors’ – Listen Now to New Song! (justjared.com)
- New Music From Justin Timberlake & Maejor Ali Feat. Justin Bieber (nightcaptv.com)
- Watch: Justin Timberlake’s Suit & Tie (jasonvonberg.wordpress.com)
- Justin Timberlake’s ‘Suit & Tie’ Video Feat. Jay-Z – Watch Now! (justjared.com)